WoW - The Wicked We Have Done




"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. 

The Wicked We Have Done

December 9, 2014

Evalyn Ibarra never expected to be an accused killer and experimental prison test subject. A year ago, she was a normal college student. Now she’s been sentenced to a month in the compass room—an advanced prison obstacle course designed by the government to execute justice.

If she survives, the world will know she’s innocent.

Locked up with nine notorious and potentially psychotic criminals, Evalyn must fight the prison and dismantle her past to stay alive. But the system prized for accuracy appears to be killing at random.

She doesn’t plan on making friends.

She doesn’t plan on falling in love, either.




I saw this over on Haley @ .Ya-Aholic's blog and had to add it to my tbr. There are so many reasons as to why I can't wait for this one to come out.
  1. Prison (I have an insane fascination with prison stories. I think it's a side effect of watching too much Prison Break!)
  2. Accused killer! That's all I need to hear to know that I'm up for some ass kicking.
  3. College student! It's not everyday we get a New Adult book that isn't strictly romance.
  4. Obstacles course and psychotic criminals = FUN!
I hope this one is as engaging and action packed as it seems. 


What Are You Waiting On?

-MARI 

7 comments:

  1. Yes, this one MUST go into my TBR pile as well. Completely intriguing… The "New Adult" set-up has me a little cautious, but hopefully the romance that is barely mentioned in the synopsis won't suddenly take an unrealistic-drastic center stage. I'm hoping for an intense (maybe action?) story for this college-aged MC. I'm curious to learn more about this unique prison. Thanks for sharing! ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been noticing a lot of upcoming NA releases that are more diverse (sci-fi etc) so I'm hoping that they are normal books with plots that aren't centred around a romance.

      -Mari

      Delete
  2. Ohhh! Sold. Love the sound of this book. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right!? I was ready to start jumping around because this is so my type of book.

      -Mari

      Delete
  3. No problem, glad you liked it.

    -Mari

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This sounds so good!! I'm definitely adding it to my tbr list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was my reaction when I first saw it. Hopefully it stands up to out expectations!

      -Mari

      Delete

What do you think?