Discussion: If I Stay Trailer



A discussion between Mari and P.E..

If I Stay is a favourite contemporary for many people. It's heart-wrenchingly beautiful, poetic and realistic. It's something that can happen to anyone of us at any given moment and that is frightening. I had no idea that the movie was in the works and I was pleasantly surprised to see a trailer that matched the book. How do you feel? What was your initial reaction?

Before I saw the trailer, I wasn't looking forward to it. I feel like a lot of power in stories like If I Stay come from the words and I'm not sure how well that will translate on screen. However, I liked the trailer. I still don't know if it will be a good movie, but I never watch contemporary movies so I don't know. However, I LOVE the song choice. Say Something is like the perfect song for the trailer, so if they got that right, I think I will give the film a chance. Expectations aren't too high though.



I agree. What do you think about the casting? Personally I feel like they fit into my image of them. I read the book a while ago and so I had forgotten that Mia parents used to be in a band and hang out with groupies etc.

Mia is a little more cute than I think I expected her to be, and Adam is a little less of a total rock star. Beyond that, I think they're fine. I'm not a really big visual reader so in general, I'm not going to imagine what anybody looks like.

To me Adam looked like a rock star, the long hair and all also it looks like the actor knows how to use the guitar. On the other hand I liked to see that Adam looks young, he is still in high school at this point and boys in high school still have their baby fat.
From what I can see from the trailer, it seems like there is some great camera work and cinematography going into this one so I'm excited. Do you have any last words/feelings?


I'm curious to see how this one does. I wonder if it will be playing at our local theatres, and if it makes any money. I guess as a future business student, I'm always interested in the money behind ideas, and this is something I'll keep an eye on.

For your viewing pleasure, the trailer!



What do you think?

8 comments:

  1. We felt the same way as P.E., re: expectations, the trailer, and the actors. We're cautiously optimistic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea. I hope it proves better than our expectations. I didn't think this was going to be a movie but now that it is I hope it's really good :)

      -Mari

      Delete
  2. I've only seen the book in passing- but this trailer has definitely caught my attention! Might have to read the book...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely do so. It's much loved an Gayle Forman is a fantastic writer.

      -Mari

      Delete
  3. I am getting worried about this one, I really like the look of the trailer but I am definitely still nervous. I really loved the book so I hope the movie does it justice. I am happy with the cast so I will just cross my fingers and hope for the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm nervous too. I don't know how possible it is for the movie to recreate the book's magic, but I guess we'll see! Hopefully we'll be pleasantly surprised.

      -P.E.

      Delete
  4. If I Stay is one of my favorite books so I was very very nervous when I found out it's being turned into a movie.. but the trailer erased all my nervousness.. the cast was perfect.. song choice was perfect.. totally tugged at my heartstrings and I ended up crying during the trailer. The cinematography is breathtaking. I am very very excited now for the movie! I don't want to put my hopes up but damn it.. they are after watching that trailer!

    - Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cinematography was great and loved the song. And I thought it was only me that was slightly teary when watching the trailer? Lol I hope the movie is as good as the trailer at least.

      -P.E.

      Delete

What do you think?