The Weekly Progress: Four!!!!!!

The Weekly Progress is a type of wrap-up post started by P.E which is meant to be written every Sunday to look back on the week that was.

Currently Reading

So we're going to skip right over the fact that I failed to finish a book this week, despite it being my week off from work. Instead we're going to move on to happier subjects, like what I'm currently reading.


I'm currently trying to read Cinder by Marissa Meyer. It's my second time trying to get through this one but it's just not working out. I'm not going to give up though. I will finish it but I'm putting it aside for now.

In its place I'm reading The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa and I've been enjoying it so far. Love the idea, the action and the fast pacing is just what I need.

I'm also planning on continuing with my manga reread. I've been slowly working my way through and savouring the Sand Chronicles by Hinako Ashihara. I'm on volume 4 and the story is becoming more and more intricate and heart wrenching from volume to volume as the conflict builds.

 On the Blog

We started off the week with my (Mari's) post, Standalones Reading List, which is exactly what the title suggests; a list of standalones I recommend and some I plan to read.

On Tuesday we had a new Cover Wars, this time pitching Flights and Chimes and Mysterious Times against another beautiful cover, The Winner's Curse. If you haven't already, head on over and vote for your favourite!

Next we have my review of This is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith. Sadly, I didn't find it as enjoyable as I would've liked.

P.E. then did a very popular and rather hilarious post (IMO) called, Zombies: Not My Thing. What do you think about a zombie boyfriend? Sexy/icky?

Lastly, we have P.E.'s review of The Color's of Rain, an interesting new sci-fi/thriller about prostitutes in space.

What's Up?

Book/Movie:

Hands down the most addicting/exciting thing about this week was the amazing Divergent trailer.
*Fan girl squeal!!*

I really liked it. It looks like they have decided to stick to the book and focus on bringing it to life which is what I look for in a movie adaptation. My favourite scene was a show stopper by none other than, Four!!

A part of me died and went to heaven right around here.

I was unsure about how Theo James would do as Four due to the age different etc. With this trailer he has put all those contradictions to the side.  Now that he is all dressed up and in character, I can see it and I'm really happy.

Here's some more awesomeness! You could say I'm a tiny bit overly excited (^_^)






Blog:


Now for some more blog related news, we finally opened our own Facebook page. This decision has been in the making for a while but me being lazy and Facebook not being either of our favourite social networking sites meant it kept being postponed.

The page is dedicated to this blog and I will be running it with occasional interjection by P.E. There will be links to blog posts, interesting tidbits, random videos and fun stuff posted there so we hope you join us there as well!

Life: 

Relaxation has been the main goal for this week. I finally finished my summer job which left me the last week of August and also the last week of summer to enjoy. I didn't do much to enjoy but I think I did a lot of relaxing. Sleep late, have brunch everyday, blog, YouTube = fulfilling week. Sadly, next week is school so I've been spending a lot of time mourning the end of the summer.

How was your week?

-MARI



8 comments:

  1. Yikes, I still really need to read Divergent, I'm not allowing myself to watch the trailer until I do :) Cinder was an okay read for me, not really what I was expecting. I love the Immortal Rules, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wopse, then those gifs really didn't help :) I'm a little disappointed with Cinder as I was brought to think that it was some epic story since so many love it. But you never know, I'll keep reading and see if it captures my attention.

      -Mari

      Delete
  2. I haven't read Divergent (I know, I'm probably the only one!) but my friends really liked the trailer too. Only, they said the tattoos were weird -- they didn't picture them like that at all I guess. Love the gifs! Immortal Rules, I didn't like as much as everyone else seems to -- I think it had zombie-qualities and I'm not a zombie person at all. Glad you're loving it so far though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No you're definitely not the only one, but you sure should get on it! As for the tattoos I liked them better than what I pictured( as I have no artistic talent whatsoever).

      If you aren't a zombie person then you have come to the right place! I'm not too far into the book yet so I shall see how I feel later.

      -Mari

      Delete
  3. I still need to give Cinder a try. The Immortal Rules too. And omg look at all those awesome Four gifs!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I know! Imagine how happy I was when I discovered them. *over the moon!*

      -Mari

      Delete
  4. If Cinder's not working for you, it's fine to just not finish it ever-at least you have The Immortal Rules to see you through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been thinking of that. I'm so disappointed as I've heard great things about it and even greater things about its sequel :(

      -Mari

      Delete

What do you think?