I'm currently reading This is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith and I'm going to blame my situation on it. As of now, I'm 100 pages away from finishing and I'm really disappointed, more on that later.
I also started City of a Thousands Dolls by Miriam Forster, and it has a very interesting concept so I'm looking forward to reading more.
On the Blog
- I (Mari) reviewed The Assassin's Curse by Cassandra Rose Clarke, an awesome adventure book featuring an assassin x pirate match up.
- P.E. posted a new Cover Wars! This time it's Asylum vs. Cruel Beauty. Cruel Beauty's been going strong on it's 3 week winning streak and it seems it might win again. Visit the post and vote for your favourite!
- On Wednesday, P.E. reviewed The Piper's Son by Melina Marchetta, an author I've been meaning to check out for a long while.
- P.E. then posted Trending in YA: HarperTeen, a new series from her exploring and analyzing upcoming books from publishers.
- I spotlighted one of my favourite dark YA books, Don't Breathe A Word by Holly Cupala.
- Lastly, we have the TSC original meme, Best of Saturday. BoS (Boss!) is a weekly meme that features post we enjoyed and shares the love!
Well you already know that I'm a nerd which was consolidated by my Reading Slump Cure: Mangas post and I did breifly talk about my addiction to the Taiwanese drama, Autumn's Concerto in a previous Weekly Progress. Similarly, I've been in the mood for Asian dramas and I cannot deny myself so I've been splurging on some interesting k-dramas!
- I Can Hear Your Voice : I love this one, it's filled with revenge, court drama, life lessons and just beautful characters. It's the first time I came upon such complex chracters in an asian drama and I'm very impressed.
- Currently, I'm watching City Hunter another one based on revenge. Loving it so far, it's very well acted and written! Also, I love this picture it's so mysterious with the smoke action in the back.