The Weekly Progress: Adios to March Break



The Weekly Progress is a type of wrap up post that happens every Sunday on The Sirenic Codex looking on the week that was.

UGH SPORTS FAIL. I'm pretty bitter about it too. Okay then. *deep breaths* This week was pretty great. Let's focus on the positive.

Books Read


Well I had a pretty healthy reading week. I got more time, and so naturally I spent a lot of it on books. 

Currently Reading



I'm almost halfway through, and I'm reasonably entertained. 

On the Blog

We started the week with my review for Of Beast and Beauty. A lot of you guys seem to agree with my high opinion of it!

For WoW, Mari picked Skin Deep. It's a pretty interesting choice and I'm curious to see what she thinks of it after she reads it. 

We next discussed what's missing in YA. We got some great recommendations in the comments, so thanks for that!

Mari's next post was about gladiators. Come for ancient Rome! Stay for the hot Kit Harrington gifs. ;)

We ended the week with my review of Allegiant. It was a disappointing read, to say the least. 

I think we had a pretty great week because I had so much time to be around and interact with the blogosphere. Hopefully, I can find a way to make time when schools starts again. 

The Week That Was

Devastating, historic sports collapse notwithstanding, I had a pretty great week. I caught up on TVD (hmmm) watched a little Supernatural (Dean Winchester, I love you) and went a little shopping. Plus, for the highlight of the week, I won a coffee for Roll Up The Rim! #winning

I wasn't too happy with the books I read (I was giving out a lot of 2 stars) but I have hope for the future. I'm also glad to have read a bunch. The Goodreads yearly challenge widget was mocking me for being so behind already. 

Song of the Week

This week, it's all about Matthew Koma. This guy is brilliant. He has the most incredible vocals, and he's great at writing songs too. He just seems like a really great guy, and I think if you don't know who he is, you will. He wrote Clarity, and I totally expect his name to gain recognition. I adore this song, with Showtek & Justin Prime ft. Matthew Koma. This is probably my favourite song to dance to these days. 



Have a great week everyone!

-P.E.

1 comment:

  1. YAY for having time to read! Hope you enjoyed your time off!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?