Top Ten Tuesday: Books to Screen

I am beyond wary of book to screen adaptations. I'm definitely excited, but the two mediums can be very different and my vision may differ from the film's makers' insert: Vampire Academy. I still tear up because of this one; why a comedy?

Top Ten (four) Books I'd Love To See As Movies/Tv Shows

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by the amazing people over at The Broke and the Bookish.

Isla and the Happily Ever After
All the locations and epic scenery that can be captured. I want that rom-com, rainy day, sappy but coming of age-y, epic tale. Now that I'm put it out there, I need this to be a thing.



Where She Went
I loved If I Stay the movie, but I god freaking ADORED Where She Went the book. If for no other reason, can we have this movie because Adam from the movie (aka the guy in the gif ) is gorgeous and totally deserves a breakthrough role? The answer is yes, yes we can.


Prisoner of Night and Fog
A movie of Prisoner of Night and Fog is what I envision to be the best world war two/realistic hitler/romance to be. I want it to be the next Titanic-like blockbuster minus "I won't let go Jack" and the sinking ship of course. All the drama, suspense, thrill, and psychopaths!!! 

Catching Jordan
Think Vampire Diaries and Teen Wolf, take out the paranormal and add female varsity boys senior football captain. All the dating and cat fighting and football playing! Please, someone!

-MARI

4 comments:

  1. Great list! I'm also often wary of book-to-movie adaptations, and have a "rule" that I have to read the book first. You know, so that I can be annoying and say "that wasn't in the book!" in a whisper to whoever went with me to see the movie. ;) Here's my TTT. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it's so much fun to be the person recognizing the changes. I find I prefer finding changes in movies rather than waiting to read the book and seeing differences, so I like your rule.

      -Mari

      Delete
  2. Yes! I want Where She Went as a movie too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? It has to happen and trust the makers of If I Stay, that was good.

      -Mari

      Delete

What do you think?