Top Ten Tuesday (1)

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by the amazing people over at The Broke and the Bookish.

 Top Ten Books At The Top Of My Summer TBR List



This is my first time participating in this meme, but I've seen it around for a long time and always wanted to join the fun. So when I saw this weeks topic, I thought why not as I actually love me some summer books! Here goes in no particular order!

1. Why not start the summer tbr list with some contemporary romance!? I'm really excited for this one as I really enjoyed Smith's debut, The Statistical Probabiloty of Love at First Sight. Also, the synopsis looks amazing.





2. There isn't a lot in the synopsis, but it remind me of Ten Things We Did (and Probably Shouldn't Have) by Sarah Mlynowski, which I really enjoyed.









3. This one is more of a sober one. The topic is a tough one, but one that should be covered, as with the increase of mobile devices and social networking these situations have increased. If you don't know what I'm talking about click on the picture to be directed to the Goodreads page and read the synopsis.






4. This one looks amazing! I read Osterlund's Academy 7 a few years ago and  adored everything from the sci-fi setting to the intelligent and well written characters. This one is a bit different from that one, but I love the idea of having a Mexican immigrant boy who is smart and headed somewhere. I love Alex Fuentes (Perfect Chemistry) but I don't want to read other authors' different versions of him.





5. One of my most anticipated reads of the year, this one is a no brainier as I am a huge fan of Jennifer Echols, as you guys will come to know with time. I've loved all the books by her that I have read, which is almost all of her books. Either way, this one looks amazing and I love the cover!







 6. On to the more action packed reads, I saw this one a while ago on Goodreads and love the cover then I read the synopsis and it was compared to Terminator and I was sold!
 7. Another one I've been anticipating for a while. I read the first in the series last year and absolutely adored it so can't wait to continue. I had no idea what I was getting into at first but loved what it turned out to be.









 
8. Another really epic looking one. I love the idea of absorbing another's DNA and turning into to them. Also, love the fictional FBI unit, Forces with Extraordinary Abilities!









9. This is one I'm hoping to read early on in the summer. Love the synopsis, trailer and cover. A must reads!









10. Last and definitely not the least, Catherine is a modern retelling of Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte. I haven't seen any of the movie adaptions or read the original book but I hope to do so. Also, I read Jane, which is the retelling of Jane Eyre by the same author and really enjoyed that so I'm looking forward to reading more!

10 comments:

  1. I want to read many on your list! I hope that you enjoy them :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just started This Is What Happy Looks Like, very cute. The others look exciting. I'm looking into Thousand Words right now, thank you and happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem. I hope you like This Is What Happy Looks Like.
      Thanks for visiting :)

      -Mari

      Delete
  3. I really enjoyed This is What Happy. It's a great summer book. I really want to get my hands on a copy of Imposter. I have Wild Awake on my Kindle, but haven't started it yet. Great list! Thanks for stopping by mine!
    -Natalie @Natflix&Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the list. This is what happy looks like seems awesome. Thanks for stopping by my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great list! There's a nice mix of books I've been meaning to read and books I've never heard of but look interesting. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read any of the books you listed but they sound great! I'm really looking forward to reading 'Reboot'!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really need to read This is What Happy Looks Like! I meant to read it as soon as it was released but alas... maybe I'll get to read it this summer too. Great list and happy reading! :)

    Thanks for stopping by my post!

    ~Sara @ Forever 17 Books

    ReplyDelete
  8. Reboot looks really good. I think I will have to look into that one at my library. :) Have a great Summer of reading!
    Here is my post from Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the cover for Wide Awake! I'm planning on reading the Masque of the Red Death around October. Also since I can't get into the original classics I'll probably check out some of Lindner's books. Thanks for visiting my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?