WoW - Crown of Midnight




"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass #2)

Sarah J. Mass
August 27, 2013 

An assassin’s loyalties are always in doubt.
But her heart never wavers.



After a year of hard labor in the Salt Mines of Endovier, eighteen-year-old assassin Celaena Sardothien has won the king's contest to become the new royal assassin. Yet Celaena is far from loyal to the crown – a secret she hides from even her most intimate confidantes.

Keeping up the deadly charade—while pretending to do the king's bidding—will test her in frightening new ways, especially when she's given a task that could jeopardize everything she's come to care for. And there are far more dangerous forces gathering on the horizon -- forces that threaten to destroy her entire world, and will surely force Celaena to make a choice.

Where do the assassin’s loyalties lie, and who is she most willing to fight for?

I'm really loving the female assassin type books as of late. I read Throne of Glass last year and enjoyed it. Hoping to like this one just as much if not more. Also, I love the cover!

What Are You Waiting On?

-MARI

9 comments:

  1. I haven't read book 1, but I'm not sure if I will or not. I've seen mixed reviews.

    WOW
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everybody is so excited for this. I still need to read the first book, but have ordered it from my library. I can't wait to read it. Great pick! Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wanting to start this series! I've heard great things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read the first book yet, but for some reason I thought it was a standalone... Now that I know it's a series, I guess I should hurry up and read the first book so I don't get hopelessly behind! :P
    Thanks for stopping by my blog. :)
    -Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the first book sitting on my shelf. I am going to try to read it next month :D! I seriously need to catch up on my reading lol.

    Thanks for stopping by

    Kassie @ Kassie's Book Thoughts: http://www.kassiesthoughts30.blogspot.com/2013/06/waiting-on-wednesday-4-fading-by-ek.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen this one around a lot today! Definitely a fabulous choice -- I'm so excited for it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have the same WoW LOL I kept ranting about how I was declined on netgalley bec it was reserved for UK reviews, but then a publisher told me I can request for the US galley so they're sending me a finished copy I was so happy!!!

    New bloglovin follower

    i'd appreciate it if you follow back ;)

    http://lite-rate-ture.blogspot.com/2013/06/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everyone seems to be praising this book, I'm definitely going to have to add it to my goodreads list! :) great post!
    -Becca

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do love me some kick-ass heroines! Excited to read this book! I really liked the first one. And I'm actually digging the new cover designs :)

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?