Cover Wars: Messenger of Fear vs. Gates of Thread and Stone


Cover Wars is a weekly showdown of two beautiful covers. The winner, as voted by you, goes on to face a new cover, and wins bragging rights. This is basically a fun way to discuss what we like in covers.

Gates of Thread and Stone has again come out victorious. This week it's facing Messenger of Fear by Michael Grant.


Gates of Thread and Stone has a gorgeous golden theme that catches the eyes well especially with the thread running across the cover. The background cobblestone ally also looks to be relevant to the novel and that's always a plus when the cover is beautiful and relevant.

Michael Grant's Messenger of Fear is probably my favourite of his covers. The blue black theme is mysterious and cold. The smoke seems to have a current of electricity going through it and the model coming out of the centre makes for a very attractive cover.

As always, you have a week to vote!

LET THE VOTING COMMENCE!


Which cover should win Cover Wars?
  
pollcode.com free polls 

10 comments:

  1. Love Gates of Thread and Stone :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Messenger of Fear looks pretty cool, but I'm still totally in love with Gates of Thread and Stone!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's fair. Which ever steals you heart :)

      -Mari

      Delete
  3. Ah both of them are so cool/beautiful!! My vote went towards Messenger of Fear though (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great pick. I love the smokey blue on that cover.

      -Mari

      Delete
  4. I really like the cover of Messenger of Fear, too. And Michael Grant book! Yay~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read any of his work but this is hands down my favourite cover for any of his books. Also the synopsis sounds fabulous!

      -Mari

      Delete
  5. I don't really like the Messenger of Fear cover, but I definitely think that Gates of Thread and Stone is gorgeous. That gets my vote! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that you like that cover. It has been a winner for two weeks now.

      -Mari

      Delete

What do you think?