Cover Wars: The Secrets We Keep vs. Gates of Thread and Stone


Cover Wars is a weekly showdown of two beautiful covers. The winner, as voted by you, goes on to face a new cover, and wins bragging rights. This is basically a fun way to discuss what we like in covers.

Gates of Thread and Stone has been unbeatable these past few weeks. I wonder if this week's competitor will finally lift it from its throne. This week it's facing The Secrets We Keep by Trisha Leaver. 

Both covers are dark and fascinating but what puts The Secrets We Keep apart from Gates of Thread and Stone is the amazing finishing touches. The silhouetted girls facing each other look fabulous especially with the collage of lights behind them almost like the after-effects of a massive car crash. The typography is very nice and simplistic but it's placement is the best part. The use of space on this cover is very well done. There doesn't seem to be any unnecessary empty spots, instead it all comes together in a dark, mysterious and beautiful display.

As always, you have a week to vote!

LET THE VOTING COMMENCE!


Which cover should win Cover Wars?
  
pollcode.com free polls 

12 comments:

  1. I still have to vote for Gates of Thread and Stone, I just love the gold :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I decided to vote for The Secrets We Keep.

    I do love the cover for Gates of Thread and Stone, however it very much sticks to the current trend that I have been seeing in covers recently. The pretty girl, the nice font - I feel like I have seen different variations of this cover all over the place. Which isn't to say that I don't like it - I do!

    But, I think the cover for The Secrets We Keep is an absolute standout. I have never seen anything like it before, and I know I would pick it up in an instant if I saw it in the bookstore. I am just about to jump over to Goodreads to see if the blurb is to my liking. I love the colours of the lights, and the silhouettes and I am also a huge fan of the girls' messy buns. They're gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand you. Gates of Thread and Stone is very familiar and maybe that's what makes it preferable to many readers but The Secrets We Keep, is different; unique even. Great analysis and choice :)

      -Mari

      Delete
  3. The Secrets We Keep is quite creepy which isn't exactly a bad thing, but I'm not too keen on it, so I'm choosing Gates again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The models can look like creepy doll silhouettes haha.

      -Mari

      Delete
  4. Loving the cover of The Secrets We Keep! I think it really fits the book description so well. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. By looking at the cover once can guess at what this might be about, which to me is a job well done.

      -Mari

      Delete
  5. Love the cover of The Secrets We Keep. Every element of this cover makes me want to read the story. SO compelling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, hopefully the story is just as nice as the cover.

      -Mari

      Delete
  6. This one is really, really hard to call! I don't know, they both look so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! That means I've done my job right :)

      -Mari

      Delete

What do you think?